Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Sunday




Well, ladies and gentlemen, another Sunday down, another week of football. Fantasy went great for me, I finally won a game, scoring nearly 130 points, I am second in my weekly football pick 'em poll, and stayed up way to late watching the second game. Good week to be a Vikings and a Bucs fan (for more info check out my buddy Ryan's weekly roundup on the Bucs) and a sad week for the Colts.

I first became a Colts fan when Tony Dungy was, in my opinion, wrongly fired from Tampa Bay. His first year at Indianapolis, I impartially watched, but when the Bucs got their first ever Super Bowl win, I started following the Colts very closely. You see, I feel that John Gruden won the championship with Dungy’s team. Many felt this way, and I made a promise to the man that gave the Bucs their first big hope since the early 80’s. To give you an idea of what Tampa was like in the pre-Dungy days; look no farther than the early episode of “Friends” when Ross was describing his nightmares about becoming a father. He used the analogy of being the wide receiver for the Bucs trying to catch his son, Joey responded by pointing out that the Bucs suck and Ross agreed that was the whole point; he was on a shitty team. You see, we were a joke, a fucking joke, and even to Ross……..who is not funny. So Tony came along, with his excellent Minnesota defense background (do you remember the Viking’s defense back then!!) and he made some drastic drafts and a few nice trades, put together a team of some inexperienced players and truly worked with them the way you only see in sports movies. All of a sudden the Bucs started winning more and more often, got some new uniforms, a new stadium and Tampa feel in love with our young chocolate coach and all of a sudden, everyone was talking football all of the time. Even young punk rocker wannabes like me and my friends.






Oh man, the colors.

So, yeah, I liked Dungy and followed his career pretty closely. When people questioned why I was cheering for the Colts, I explained the debt I felt to him, and how I had promised to cheer for him at least until he got his Super Bowl ring. As we all know, that day finally came, and I found myself still watching the Colts. I grew the same fondness for their line up as I felt for the Bucs. I am not a Manning fanatic or an Addai fanatic. My name is O’D, and I am a Dungy fanatic.

I told you all of that, so I can tell you all how you will know if I ever make a movie. If one day you see a trailer for a movie, a gritty movie, with lots of blood and shadows, men running around with guns and fast women doing shots in sleazy pool halls. Amongst the darkness of this movie, is a hitman, an assassin, killing for money and damn good at it. Now this could be the plot of many, many movie, but the way you will know if it was made by me this time is simple.





TONY DUNGY IS

HITMAN FOR HIRE

coming oct 2014
an O'D joint



Well that’s it for me. Register to vote. Take your vitamins, and call your parents.

No comments: